Thursday, March 19, 2009

Too much crashing


I wanted to try a new recipe tonight that I've seen on a lot of blogs lately: crashed potatoes. Apparently it was recently invented by an Australian food writer. (Hoorah for food writers.) You basically boil the potatoes (which I did in the pressure cooker because pressure cookers rock!) And then you "crash" them on a cookie sheet by smashing with a potato masher. I discovered it was hard to gently "crash" the potatoes. I found I was squashing them into the sheet a little too much. So once you put it in the oven you bake it for a while and then it gets all crispy. Loved it.


I also made a simple stir-fry with broccoli and cannellini beans. It was a nice combo.

Last night was a left-overs dinner. Used up the last of the rice, with veggies, and the final bit of tahini-miso sauce from last week.

No comments: