Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Simple meals


Lately I've been eating very simple meals. Friday night's dinner is a good example of that. Salad. It was actually warm here this weekend so a salad seemed like a good choice. I do have to admit that I felt very much like a caricature of a single woman when I went to the store that night. I bought salad ingredients (avocado, carrots, lemons), salad dressing, cereal, and soy yogurt. If I'd had chocolate or ice cream in my cart as well it would have pushed me over the top. It's so not what I usually buy at the store (strictly green veggies and hummus).


Saturday night we made pizza and mostly got it done before Earth Hour. We ate it in candlelight and it was delicious. I buy frozen crusts (I know, cheating) but they are really good and from a local restaurant. Then we added a caramelized onion sauce, cauliflower, Swiss chard, walnuts, and grated carrots. Plus roasted sweet potato chips and a salad.


Sunday was pancake day. As per usual. For dinner we had an authentic stir-fry, actually made in the wok!


Last night was soup night. Butternut squash with barley and lentils. Plus our infamous garlic brussels sprout dish. Dense little balls of green goodness.

No comments: