Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fast Food


We've been eating a lot of what I would call "fast food", things that can be made quickly and easily. Sometimes that means it's a very simple meal with only one or two ingredients. Sometimes that means we order out.

Thursday night was Thai food. We avoided the peanut sauce dish (which is always my stand-by) because it really is just a ton of sugar pretending to be peanut sauce.

Friday night we didn't want to waste any time cooking so that we would have more time to watch Buffy. We made rice and lentils in the pressure cooker (20 minutes!) and the awesome brussel sprouts dish that I've mentioned before. It was great and I highly recommend doing it in the broiler. Nothing caught on fire this time so I count that as a huge success.


Tonight Dandelion the Bitter Green has a show so I made some roasted veggies based on a recipe from a Vegetarian Times article: Sesame-Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli.

No comments: