Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer holidays

This is a short week because of the holiday so after today I'm not sure what I'll be eating. I did pretty well earlier this week in trying to recreate one of the dishes from Manzanita (roasted veggies with hijiki). I realize now they probably pressure cooked theirs whereas the oven roasting, like I tried, dried out the hijiki.

Monday night was a broccoli and rice soup with adzuki beans and sautéed greens. I had also gotten one of those Donna's Love Sticks as a bit of bread to go with the soup.



Tuesday night was the famous hijiki and roasted veggies dish. Served with a grain medley (mochi rice, barley, and rye), sautéed chard, and the infamous broiled tofu. This night I made the broiled tofu with limes instead of lemon juice. It was so tangy we all loved it.



Wednesday night was my taco noche because Dandelion the Bitter Green was already out of town. I made a quick pot of savory pinto beans, blanched some chard and ate it all with the leftover rice/ roasted veggies and chips.



Tonight, after making another famous batch of the rice krispie treats, I ordered take-out (Thai food).

No comments: