Thursday, July 30, 2009

Know when to follow

I was so ready for brown rice and kale this week. It's kind of a joke about macrobiotics, that that's all we eat. It's totally not true but I would have been happy to have it after last week. After my parents left my mother-in-law arrived. That meant pizza, Japanese food, and Millennium (high-end vegan food). The Millennium meal was so delicious that I forgot to take a picture until my plate was clean. (And no, I did not lick it clean. Just very, very carefully ate every tiny bit.) It was blackberry BBQ tempeh with corn/pozole mash, collards greens, and some sauces.



I had several awesome drinks as well. A Strawberry Snap (black pepper infused vodka, strawberry puree, ginger agave, Proccesco) and vodka added to a Blueberry Smash (muddled blueberries, lemonade and something else). Oh, and a dark chocolate cheesecake for dessert.



After all that rich food we made a very simple dinner on Sunday. Brown rice and lentils (hurrah!) with roasted broccoli and carrots.



Monday night was me trying to follow a recipe without having all the ingredients. A split pea soup became a split mung beans and carrot soup. But it did have homemade croutons which were totally easy and delicious. (Recipe from Macrobiotics for Dummies)



Tuesday was another recipe night. (I was obviously feeling brave this week.) Red lentil cauliflower curry from Veganomicon. Delicious even when (again!) I didn't quite have all the right ingredients.



That lasted through Wednesday (and maybe into the weekend!) Tonight will be a simple meal of a salad, toasted buckwheat, steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), and adzuki beans all tossed with vinegar and oil.

No comments: