Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer leftovers

Ok sorry for such a delay in giving you the update on the awesome things I made last weekend! But hopefully this will keep you satisfied because now that my parents are here I haven't cooked in almost a week (eek!) I'm starting to get tired of restaurants.



Thursday last week I made the quintessential summer menu: Boca burgers, corn on the cob, broiled zucchini with carrots and onions, and strawberry shortcake. The shortcake was made with some of my sourdough starter so it was the dense not-so-sweet kind of shortcake. Also had some vanilla Coconut Bliss ice cream on hand. Delish!



Friday was leftovers of that plus a salad.



Saturday was also leftovers. That was a lot of squash and boy, was it good!



Sunday was wild rice, my favorite "green beans vinaigrette" from the Macro cookbook, roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes, and sauteed greens. I've eaten that for lunch almost every day this week. Hurray for leftovers!

No comments: