Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Heaven and Hell

Yes, it's true the big pot of curry lasted for many meals. I was starting to feel like the House of Rice and Curry (which is kind of unusual around here. Usually we're the House of Rice and Kale.)

Saturday night I went with some fellow yogis to see a Giants game. They provided veggie hot dogs with a homemade jalapeno masala chutney. I didn't try that because it sounded too spicy for me. But someone had also made vegan chocolate chip cookies so I couldn't pass those up!



Sunday night I tried a recipe from a cool new cookbook that I checked out from the library called Cooking with Seitan. (Note to publishers: this cookbook would be way hipper if you added some devil horns around the word 'seitan'. In fact I was really surprised that you hadn't.) It was seitan cutlets broiled with a mushroom gravy sauce. We added rice and lentils and a side dish of sauted carrots, onions and baby bok choy.



Monday night was a broccoli soup with leftover rice and lentils, carrots, broccoli, and white miso to flavor. Hearty and delicious.

No comments: