Friday, March 26, 2010

Boston

I fell in love with Boston because of the beautiful brownstones, the parks, the walking, ok, it was really the ducks. (This is Make Way for Ducklings.)



I didn't have to do too many meal planning activities myself while there. My lovely coworkers very considerately included restaurants that had at least one veggie option. The most frequent breakfast option (which I did find myself) was a tofu scramble. The Otherside Cafe was awesome and I'm sad I never went there for beer since they had a great list.

Here was breakfast one morning at the Otherside Cafe. A southwest tofu scramble:


We ate a seafood restaurant one night. This is what my coworker ate:


And surprisingly this is what I ate at the same restaurant. A Thai-style tofu dish with rice and veggies.


Another tofu scramble, this time with broccoli, mushrooms, and Havarti cheese at the Trident Cafe. (Loved having an indie bookstore that also had delicious food!)



This was a dinner from a more Asian-style place. Rice, tofu, veggies, and sauce.



A breakfast of oatmeal and fresh fruit plus potatoes at my hotel. Sadly I again had to learn the lesson that fruit out of season is not worth eating.



And one night I ate an Indian restaurant: rice, cauliflower and chickpeas, and lots of roti (whole wheat naan).



Happy to be back in California, even with this beautiful city to visit!

No comments: