Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weekly Recap

A great wrap up of a week's worth of food:

Wednesday: A one pot meal of leftover rice with cauliflower, carrots, and greens. Plus another fabulous version of the broiled tofu. I just can't repeat how much I love Veganomicon and the awesome recipes it's brought me.



Thursday was a liquid dinner for me. After a 2 1/2 hour yoga class I went to a show that Dandelion the Bitter Green was playing at and had beer for dinner.

Friday I cooked for my dear friend Ravi Inder Kaur who is moving to England to be with her new love at the end of the month. I made broccoli polenta from Veganomicon, which was essentially polenta with broccoli added, cooked in a pot and then poured into a mold, and then fried. I also made sweet potato fries and tempeh bacon. Plus I tried a quick trick a friend suggested for greens. I used collards that night, cut up some fresh ginger, and after a quick stir-fry I added almond butter. It cooked down into a delicious sauce.



Saturday was leftovers from Friday with an addition of a kidney bean dip using the last of the roasted garlic.



Sunday was more leftover polenta with a adzuki beans, kale and carrot dish.



Monday night take out. Tuesday night was my first ever Thai coconut soup! Made with leftover rice, tofu, carrots, and broccoli. I thought it turned out great though Dandelion the Bitter Green thought it was not spicy enough.

No comments: