Friday, June 19, 2009

Before Solstice

This is my last chance to blog, update facebook, or tweet about anything for at least a week. I'm headed off into the New Mexico mountains for yoga, camping, and lots and lots of stars. And I really can't wait. The only thing I will miss (besides for my addiction to twitter and facebook) is food. We are guaranteed to have the same thing every night for a week (mung beans and rice and half a head of iceberg lettuce). Sigh. So I've avoided eating anything that reminds me of mung beans this week in honor of diversity!

Wednesday night was pasta night. We had that delicious broiled tofu from Veganomicon again. (I am so addicted to that recipe! I can't help myself. It's just so easy and fast and delicious.) Served the tofu with soba noodles and a quick stir-fry of broccoli, carrots, and kale.



Thursday night was taco noche (noche de tacos). Dandelion the Bitter Green made rice before he left for a rehearsal and I made pinto beans spiced with miso and garlic. Then a quick saute of two kinds of kale and baby bok choy.



Tonight we're having a quick dinner before a party of cupcakes extraordinaire. (Courtesy of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, another awesome cookbook.) Leftover rice became risotto with broccoli and carrots and dried porcini mushrooms.

No comments: