Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Last gasp

Last chance to blog, or update facebook, or twitter for at least two weeks while we travel in the Land of Sausage. (Not the Land of Meat, which is Argentina. We've been there before and found a macrobiotic restaurant in the middle of nowhere Patagonia.) I don't know what we'll eat in the Land of Sausage, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Plus I have the internet to help me. I've found several vegetarian restaurants everywhere we will be.

So before we leave I felt the need to cook all the vegetables in the house. There is not one thing left, except cabbage which will be made into sauerkraut when we get back anyway.

Monday night we had soup with rice, French lentils, cauliflower, carrots and sauted chard.



Oh, and I spent all night making granola. Got to have something to eat on the plane.



Tuesday night we had leftover rice in a one-pot meal (my favorite): broccoli, kale and pinto beans.



Wednesday night we had the rest of the rice (yes, we make very big pots of rice) together with cauliflower, carrots, kale, and chard, flavored with miso and served with broiled tofu (this time with lemon and lime juice!)

No comments: