Monday, May 18, 2009

Hot, Hotter, Hottest

Now that I'm back from my travels I thought I'd want to cook more. But it's been a surprisingly hot week so I tried to avoid actual heat sources. Instead I made a salad. Or ate take-out or leftovers.



Tuesday night we were sort of starved for greens. We made red cabbage and green chard tossed with toasted sesame seeds. Served with roasted root veggies (rutabagas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and red onions) and rice and lentils.





Wednesday night is usually pasta night but I was working late so while I didn't have time to go to yoga I did have time to make dinner. I made tempeh with cabbage, chard and carrots. Broiled asparagus with garlic, served with soba noodles.



Thursday we went to see the Dead and mostly ate leftovers and PB&Js. Oh, and garlic fries. Yum!

Friday it was too hot to cook or really to eat. We snacked on hummus but never made dinner.

Saturday we made a salad since it was still too hot. Lovely salad greens from the farmer's market plus avocado, snap peas, grated carrots, smoked tofu, and roasted sunflower seeds.

No comments: