Monday, May 4, 2009

Asparagus choy

It's been a while, mostly because I've been eating take out. In between that though I have been making some amazing meals, particularly with asparagus. I've also noticed that I become obsessed with certain vegetables for a while and then after making many dishes with said vegetable I again forget that it ever existed. I'm feeling that way (in the manic part of it) about asparagus right now. I used to feel that way about brussel sprouts.


Last Tuesday we made a quinoa with chickpeas for a fast salad. Then a stir-fry of baby bok choy and carrots.



Wednesday was broccoli with tofu and these crazy yellow carrots I got at the farmer's market. Served over soba noodles.

Thursday was leftover soup and Friday was Thai take out.



Saturday I went nuts with the asparagus. I wanted to do some kind of asparagus and mushroom dish but at the same time I wanted to broil the asparagus like I had last week. So I ended up making a mushroom and kale dish separately. I broiled the asparagus with garlic as before. Then I also made some red potato and sweet potato baked chips. Served over rice and lentils.


Sunday: one meal to rule them all.

No comments: