Thursday, February 26, 2009

Welcome back dinner

I have been wanting lately to keep a food log of what I eat. I'm having a hard time avoiding all the sugary treats at work so at least I could keep this log as a way of reminding myself of how I will feel if I eat the pure sugary goodness.

So new and improved food log starting this week.

This is Tuesday's dinner. Pretty simple but turned out quite well. Broccoli and carrots.


This is the other half of Tuesday's dinner. Beans and rice. The rice was made a few days ago and the beans were from a can. Canned beans are ok if you need the time, but look for ones that are cooked without salt. (There's one brand, Eden I think, that uses kombu instead.)


This is Wednesday's dinner. Or actually prep for Wednesday's dinner. I forgot to take an actual picture of it. Marinated tofu with soba noodles.


And with king trumpet mushrooms. I eventually added kale and broccoli to this as well. (It needed some green.) The trumpet mushrooms were amazing though. Got them from the farmer's market and they tasted like fennel. Even smelled like it. I've had trumpet mushrooms before and never thought that. These were obviously unique. It made the dish delicious.

And tonight (Thursday) is takeout. Siam Lotus at least has brown rice so I can put up with salty and sugary goodness. Golden veggie curry (squash, potatoes, green beans, tofu, and carrots in a curried coconut milk).

1 comment:

brother dylan said...

hello, i am glad you're blogging again! this food looks great. i wish we all cooked together more when louisa and i lived down the street!

we discovered the wonders of baking tofu a while back, and thats all we do with it now, is that how yours was prepared?

we are going to get some okara from the farm commune near here... their tofu is amazing. diego said you don't like okara. :)