Sunday, February 14, 2010

A short week

I haven't cooked much this week because of late night activities. I did make a monstrously huge batch of curry early in the week. It worked nicely as a modern casserole when I didn't have time to cook (which was often this week).

Sunday night I made pinto beans with rice, sauted veggies, and avocado served on tortillas. I also made a chocolate pecan pie. It was kind of a combination of several recipes I found online so I've included it below.



Monday night I made the red lentil cauliflower curry that I've made before. You can see a similar recipe here. I also made homemade roti (whole wheat flatbread). Roti is simple to make with only four ingredients but still takes a long time to roll each one out (and then fold, and roll, and fold, and roll, and so on).



Then I ate that over and over again until Thursday night. Dandelion the Bitter Green made rice and I made a classic of roasted brussel sprouts, broccoli, and leeks.



Tonight I made a broccoli ginger soup with rice and navy beans. And tomorrow will be cupcakes!



**********************


Chocolate pecan pie

2 Tblsp flax seed
6 Tblsp water
2 cups pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
2 Tblsp molasses
pinch of salt
Pie crust

Pre-bake the pie crust at 400 degrees for 10 min.

Mix the flax seed with the water and let sit, whisk occasionally. Add the syrup and molasses and salt to the flax seed mixture and whisk. Pour over the pecans and chocolate chips. Stir it all together and pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350 for 45 min. Let cool. This was amazing warm but once cooled in the fridge it was rock solid. The chocolate had reformed into pie shape so let it come to room temperature before trying to cut into it again.

No comments: