Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekly recap


Wednesday is pasta night (soba noodles with tofu and veggies). I am finally getting the hang of frying the tofu separately so it's nice and crispy.


Thursday was roasted vegetables (brussel sprouts, leeks, butternut squash) with brown rice and lentils. All topped with the most delicious almond butter-miso sauce.


Friday night was taco night. I bought some tortillas, though really I should figure out how to make some myself. I have masa flour (corn flour with lime) but no tortilla press, which is apparently the secret ingredient. So I heated up the tortillas, made a quick bean dish with two cans of pinto beans and garlic, sautéed some broccoli and chard, and even had a little bit of brown rice leftover. Plus an avocado cut up with half a lemon.


Saturday Dandelion and I went to an all day yoga meditation event in the East Bay. So afterwards we all went to Manzanita our local macrobiotic restaurant.

No comments: