Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halfway point

I'm over halfway! I've hit the 25,000 word mark on the NaNoWriMo novel so that surely means I have time to write a blog post.

Last weekend when Dandelion the Bitter Green was out of town I think I ate nothing but Mexican food, or my version thereof.

Friday night was roasted potatoes and sweet potatoes served in a tortilla with leftover rice and kale and carrots dish and avocado.



Saturday night was pinto beans flavored with miso and broiled carrots and zucchini, served in a sprouted corn tortilla with more avocado.



Sunday was more pinto beans cooked with chard, kabocha (Japanese pumpkin) slices roasted in the oven, the leftover carrots and zucchini and some more tortillas.



Monday night Dandelion the Bitter Green made the entire meal. I think all I did was boil water. And everything he made was delicious.

We had rice and lentils with a salad of steamed broccoli and carrots, fried tempeh bacon, arame (a seaweed), and sunflower seeds.



Tuesday night we had pizza from our local pizza place.

Wednesday night is pasta night. Tonight it's served with fresh walnuts (from the almond lady at the farmer's market!), fried tofu, and brussel sprouts and carrots with garlic.

1 comment:

hbeckrich said...

I love you Alison! Love this blog and congrats on your half way point. Im DYING out here for Mexican food! There is no such thing as a corn tortilla here in jolly ole England! xoxoxo