Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It Takes Two

Have I ever mentioned that it takes a village to make dinner? Because it really does. Because some nights you need to do laundry or go to a show. Some nights it's a team effort. So I'd like to give a shout out to Dandelion the Bitter Green who made several of this week's dishes. They were excellent and you've taught me everything I know.

The seitan I made last week needed to be used so many of the dinners included seitan, until now when we're out of it. Thursday's was one of the best: ground seitan with onions, served with rice and steamed carrots, cauliflower, and kale.



Friday night I made my super nachos: seitan with pinto beans and chips (and yes real cheese) served over salad greens and avocado.



Saturday I ate at Weird Fish with friends. It was delicious (seitan fish and sweet potato chips!) and we got there before the crowd.

Sunday was seitan cutlets, broiled in the oven with fresh oregano, served with polenta and grilled cauliflower, carrots, and kale. This was one of the many delicious meals made by Dandelion the Bitter Green.



Monday was quinoa, pinto beans, and steamed carrots and bok choy. I was doing laundry so again Dandelion the Bitter Green prepared an excellent meal.



Tuesday was roasted root veggies (carrots, sweet potatoes, parsnips, butternut squash) served with leftover grain and sauted greens.




Tonight is pasta night served with a stir-fry of carrots, broccoli, bok choy, and garbanzos spiced with garlic and ginger.

No comments: